Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Anias and Jadon McDonald

Good morning! I just wanted to reach out to all of you that prayed for us and our boys and request you start that prayer chain for two special boys, Anias and Jadon Mcdonald. You can follow their mommy on Facebook here : Nicole McDonald.  They are two beautiful conjoined twin boys and the plan is to separate the boys Friday.

They are conjoined at the head and share some brain tissue plus a great artery, among other things. I know you all know how dangerous and scary this is.  Please be in prayer for the surgeons and the surgical team, as well as the boys and their parents.

We will be wearing Tshirts we bought from their fundraiser and also doing a #randomactofkindness that day, as requested by Nicole, in honor of the boys. I know God is great and can do great things. I also know they are terrified to put their perfect boys through this surgery.

I never had to face this day with my boys, and while I am sad about that I am also thankful I didn't. I saw my boys as perfect, even though I know deep down they would not have had a normal life conjoined.

Harper said it perfectly yesterday. Just out of the blue she said, "Mommy, if Joshua and Caleb lived conjoined then they couldn't have walked like me or swimmed. That would have been really sad and hard."

That's what Nicole and Christian are facing, their boys can't really fully live conjoined, but they might not survive a separation surgery. We need to be on our knees in prayer for this family.  God will give them the strength.

"For in my weakness he is STRONGEST..." 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: