Saturday, July 2, 2011

Harper is 10 weeks old today!

Harper is growing and getting so big! She is 3 lbs 14.5 oz...almost 4 lbs!! I am sure she will be 4 lbs sometime over the holiday weekend! They are weening her out of the isolette and into a crib, so she will now have to regulate her own temperature so she could lose a little weight keeping up with that, we will just have to see what happens. This picture is so cute, isn't it? Matt had stayed late that night so he could give her a bath. Since she really needs her sleep to grow, we can only get her out and hold her or give her a bath if it is feeding time, and since I had nursed her at 8:30 that night, we couldn't give her a bath until her next feeding time at 11:30. So I brought Billie home and Matt stayed and gave her a bath...which she LOVED! He said she gave out a little cry when he first plopped her into the bath but then she realized she liked it and settle in and enjoyed it. She needed it...we hadn't given her a bath in a while, but her nurses had cleaned her up, of course. She is up to nursing 3 times a day now, which is hard with Billie but we are making it work. We are so blessed to have a very helpful and big family to make it go pretty smooth. The doctor actually mentioned the word "home" the other day...he took Harper off of her myceline and said it was "to get her ready to go home in a few weeks!" Music to my ears. We still have to get through her eye surgery, though, but I have been day dreaming of having my entire family under one roof! How awesome that will be! I can't believe we are actually going to use our baby nursery for a baby and not just for storage of baby things we don't really need. I have a lot to do to get the house ready for Harper, and we have lots of things we need to purchase for her like a monitor, and bottles. She came so early, I never had a chance to prepare for her! Since she went off the myceline, she has had a few more bradycardia episodes...but she brings herself up quickly. We will just see how it goes. The myeceline and caffeine are to help with apnea, and the only way to see if she is ready to come off of them is to try it. There is a chance she will come home on the meds, but they want to give her every chance possible to come off of them before she comes home. I must run...I nurse Harper at 8:30! Pray it goes good...it has been going better but she is still having brady episodes during feedings, and it still freaks me out, although not as much. I don't want to get used to them, though, I just want them to stop.
Update on baby "M"...she is doing good...they are going to run a test this week to prepare her for the reversal of her colostomy and illeostomy which is great news! I will let you know when they schedule the surgery...she and her parents need your prayers. Baby Addison is still doing great after her heart surgery...and mom got to hold her last night! It was beautiful and I am so happy for them. She will really start growing and doing good now that her heart is fixed and her mommy gets to love on her more closely! I don't have time to proof read, so please forgive any errors!!

1 comment:

Bev Johnston said...

what a beautiful baby! I love seeing her tube free!!! It is obvious God has had His hand on this little girl, as she is growing and healing everyday!