Friday, January 15, 2010

Disney










































































































I know, I have failed you the last couple weeks! I am so sorry. But Let me just tell you, we totally enjoyed every last second of our break. We were going non-stop, and somehow I managed to work, too. So this will update you about our Disney trip, and I will try to give you more details about the rest of our break and Christmas and New Year's, too, later over the coming days/weeks.
So, Billie and I went to Disney with Bill, Wanda, Angelique, Wes, Riley, Mallory, and all of the "Thomas family"(Wes's brothers, their wives and children and even some in-laws, too!) We had the most wonderful time, although we did miss Matt. We had 5 days at the parks, and we pretty much went from dusk till dawn, or dawn till midnight! Billie also formed a sweet relationship with our housekeeper at the hotel. Billie put Cody( her stuffed dog she sleeps with) and some other toys in the window to "decorate" for Christmas, as she had seen in some other windows in the resort. Our housekeeper later that day moved them and put them on the bed to play. Very cute. Billie loved it and wrote her a thank you note then next morning. That day when we got back, Cody and her other dolls were on the bed watching TV with the remote, along with a note back from Raquel. Billie was more than thrilled! So this went on each day, notes back and forth, too. On the last day we got to meet Raquel, as we were at the resort late that day since I had a dead battery in my car and AAA did not know how to get around Disney and could not find us! So Billie and Raquel talked and hugged and it was so sweet. Raquel said every day when she got to our room she had to think about what she would do with Billie's stuff! She enjoyed it, too. SO that night when we got back to our room, the lights were off, which was odd. I could see that there was "stuff" scattered about, but I didn't know exactly what. We turned the light on to find our room had been "rolled" or "TP'd" if you are from the north. The source was Cody, and there was a note from Raquel that said "Cody is so strong! He stole the toilet paper and pushed me out of the room! I will clean it up tomorrow!" I think Billie had almost as much fun with the interaction between her and Raquel as she did at Disney!
The week was perfect. We did all of the parks. Our favorite was Epcot and Animal Kingdom this time. Mt. Everest was AWESOME! That was our first time riding it, and we absolutely loved it. Billie also loved Soaring at Epcot, and the Kim Possible Mission that we all got to do. It was really fun. We had fun meals, too. We got to have breakfast and dinner with the Princess's. We had breakfast at the castle and dinner at the Floridian. The dinner included Lady Tremaine and the step sisters, Cinderella and Prince Charming. It was great! Lady Tremaine was hilarious! She was such a snot, and stayed in character even with the little kids. I think you can kind of see it from the picture of her. Riley got to dance with Cinderella and Emory with Prince Charming. We also went to the O'Hara for a Polynesian themed dinner. The food was amazing. My favorite food was probably at the Lady and the Tramp themed restaurant. It was so good. I had mushroom stuffed ravioli with spinach and Alfredo sauce. I think I could eat that every day! Good thing it isn't available, huh?
I am back in school, as is Billie. And I need to get to class, so I am going to upload some pics from Disney for you and will give you more details later. Love to all and Happy New Year!!

No comments: