Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


I got to actually hold Harper Grace on Saturday!! It was so amazing, and so needed. She did great for her first time out of the incubator, too. She struggled a little bit in the beginning, and we all knew when she was done, but it was so sweet to hold my baby close to my heart. She is doing very good. She was given another blood transfusion today which will also help her oxygen levels and her energy levels. Her SIMV rate on the vent is turned down to a 20, and her O2 concentration is usually between 21 and 23. She is now getting Vitamin A to help prevent BPD. She has had two doses so far and will receive 12 total. They actually only had two doses in the whole state of Tennessee, and had to search elsewhere for the rest of them. Luckily, they were able to locate them and they were scheduled to be delivered today or tomorrow. She is really doing good for her age, and we are just praising God that she is doing so well. We are praying that she continues to remain strong and fight!
I took my last exam today, praise God. I am so thankful to be done, but I am also so thankful that I was able to finish. Graduation is Wednesday, and I can't wait. I asked one of our NICU nurses to put an orange and white bow in Harper's hair for Wednesday. I also decorated my mortarboard- I will wait to put a picture up so everyone is surprised at the ceremony. It turned out really good and I am so proud of it! Thanks to Cathie for shopping for all of the stuff I needed to decorate it with.
Billie is doing good, although she really wants to see her sister and she can't wait for her to come home. It is hard for her because they don't allow children into the NICU. Hopefully before too long Harper will be big and strong enough to hold her up in the window and Billie will at least be able to get a good look at her. At least she can see pictures and videos now.
All I have energy for today, but I will continue to update as I can. I am doing better I am just not myself totally yet, but I am getting better every day. It is just going to take time for me, and for little Harper Grace. But God is Good ALL OF THE TIME, and she is our little miracle we have waited so long for. I thank God every chance I get for our miracle Harper Grace. We are very blessed and I feel it all the way down to my bones. Please continue to pray for Harper and for all of the nurses and doctors in charge with her care in the NICU-they are miracles, too!

No comments: