Sunday, January 18, 2009

Inauguration Day

Hello, all. Happy Sunday. I am taking a break from studying to blog for a few minutes, but I don't have long. We are all doing good. Billie had an excellent day yesterday. We took two of her friends to McDonald's and to the movies to celebrate her 8th birthday. The girls all had a great time, and I will post pictures later this week for you guys. We saw the movie "Bolt" and it was so cute. I fell in love with the dog, which was voiced by John Travolta. It was a great little story and had some wonderful characters in it. It was in 3-D, too, so the girls had extra fun with that. Billie will turn 8 the same day we celebrate our new President taking office. I have had so much fun telling her this year about the day she was born. She really has a better understanding this year of the whole election process and what it means (a little more) to be President of the United States. While I labored with her we watched a light snow fall outside the hospital room and watched George W. be sworn in for his first term. I have always found it so neat that she was born on Inauguration Day. At church this morning, Dr. Crouch was talking about how he was actually at that Inauguration and I leaned over and told Billie "He is talking about what happened on the day you were born." And she perked up a little and listened a little better. So Tuesday we will celebrate a new President in office, but we will also celebrate our baby turning 8! I can't really believe that number, 8. I remember as clear as can be bringing her home from the hospital, which was on January 24, 2001. Nalla, our Akita, was a little nervous. She hadn't been around babies very much. But she settled down soon enough, and her and Billie are close, wonderful friends now. Dogs don't come any sweeter than Nalla, and Billie has always been so good with animals, too. It just worked out, I guess. It is amazing that Billie is 8, though. Although by some of the things she says, you might think she is more like 18. She is definitely very mature for her age, due a lot to life experience, no doubt, but also from being around grown ups most of the time. I hear her say things sometimes, and it might as well have come from my own mouth. I have noticed it a lot lately, and I am trying to watch what I say around her more. Not that it is bad things, I don't say bad things, especially around her. She just listens and remembers everything I say, whether I know she is listening or not. It makes me a little sad sometimes, because I want her to be a kid for goodness sakes!

I have taken a long enough break, so it is back to the books for me. I hope you all are doing great and will be back this week to blog more, I promise. And I mean it!

No comments: