Thursday, June 12, 2008

Contractions

We had a doctor appointment on Monday. I had been feeling some contractions, but thought most of it was really in my head. They hooked me up to a monitor and sure enough, I was indeed having contractions. They were 3 minutes apart. They gave me a shot of brethine and in 20 minutes, the contractions stopped. They sent us home with a prescription and I had to take one Tuesday night and Wednesday night. We know we want to wait to have these babies at least until 34-35 weeks. The contractions stress us both out, but we are thankful for the brethine that does stop them. The good news is that so far my cervix is not changing, I was dilated to 1, but no other changes. If we can just keep my cervix from changing and keep my water from breaking, we will be ok. I am now spending most of my time on the couch, and poor Matt is forced to completely run the house. He takes such good care of us all, and never complains. He is keeping long hours, though, trying to keep up with work and taking care of us, and I do worry about his health and stress level. Our next appointment is Monday morning and we are looking forward to sitting down with the doctor and learning more about what other steps there are to stopping early labor, and to what levels they will go to in our situation.

No comments: