Saturday, June 21, 2008

Visitors


We have had an exciting few days here. Evan, Matt's little brother from Atlanta, came up for a visit. I am sure he was more than a little bored, but he didn't complain one time. We did take him swimming one day and we all went to a movie last night. Of course, I was miserable. I just can not breathe sitting up, so they were all worried about me. Way to ruin a good time. Needless to say, I will not be attending any more movies until after the babies are born. The movie was good, Billie loved it and we all laughed a lot. It has been so good to spend time with Evan, he has joined the Marines and goes to basic training in July so we do not know when we will get to see him again.

My cousin Kelly comes in today from Virginia to see us. We are so excited to spend time with her! We usually only get to see her at the most once a year, and it has been a year since we were last together. She has the coolest job ever; she is a Crime Scene Investigator and I love to sit and talk to her about her job. Billie just adores Kelly, so she is very excited for her visit, as well. Matt has only heard about her, so I am sure it will be nice for he and Kelly to get to know each other. I am excited for the two of them to finally meet, for sure.

We both woke up this morning thanking God that tomorrow we will be 31 weeks. We didn't even think we would make it this far 11 weeks ago when we found out about Joshua and Caleb. 31 weeks seems like a huge milestone to us, and we feel so blessed to have made it this far. We still want to make it to 38 weeks, of course, but we will be ok with anything past 35 weeks. That is only 4 weeks away! I just know as of this morning that we will make it that far. I am very hopeful today that the boys will survive after birth, even more so than I have been. I am still terrified of all the unknown we will be facing, but I have a huge spark of hope inside my heart, a true blessing from God that is so real I can feel it. He has put us on the right path, put us at the right hospitals with the right people to take care of all of us. I am strengthened today and very hopeful. This is a good place to be.

No comments: