Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wonderful Doctor Visit

We had a good doctor visit yesterday. Even though I have had more "strange" pains and contractions, my cervix is still fine. That was such good news to hear. The doctor sat with us for a very long time and we discussed possible delivery options. Basically, we will not really know what kind of c-section they will need to do until the time comes, but they will be cutting me vertically, that way they will have all the room they need and once they get to my uterus and see what exactly it looks like, they can decide from there which is the best way to get the babies out. So I will have a vertical incision on the outside, but not necessarily on my uterus. They will do an ultrasound right before surgery to see where exactly my placenta is and the position the boys are in, too. As far as dates go, we do not know that either. The goal now is to treat this like any other twin pregnancy, which means deliver at 38 weeks. That all depends on how big the babies get, how I hold up and how my body holds up. If we go into labor, we will try to stop it, but probably not if it happens after 35 weeks. We both felt better after talking with our doctor yesterday, we are all on the same page now. We were both so relieved after leaving there yesterday. There were so many questions on our minds and hearts walking into the office yesterday, and all of them were addressed and answered to best of their ability. We were much more relaxed and comfortable with our situation last night, for sure.

Matt is hard at work again today, and Billie and I are just taking it easy together. We have read some books, played tic-tac-toe and watched movies together. We are waiting for her new bunk bed to be delivered today, which is very exciting for all of us. My mom will be over in a little while to take me to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned since I am not driving and Matt has to work. Those of you who know me know that I am terrified of the dentist and would rather do just about anything else than go to the dentist. Luckily, it is just a cleaning, so it shouldn't be too bad. I will just be glad to get it over with for the next 6 months. I really love all of the people in the office, and they know how scared I get. I even get nervous taking Billie to her dentist! I try to not let on with her about my fears though, because I do not want her to be afraid like me.

We want to again thank everyone for signing our guest book and sending the emails of encouragement to us. We look so forward to sitting down together and reading them. It is really the highlight of our evenings. We are so lifted up by every one's prayers and we still feel God with us every step we take. God knows what we need, and he will provide it for us. Of that we have no doubt. Even though we do not know how all of this will turn out, we know that God has a plan for our family. We are so blessed to have each other and Billie and our wonderful family and friends. No matter what happens, we will always count our blessings and praise God for what he has done for us.

No comments: